The role of vitamin D in preventing viral infections, including COVID-19, is gaining attention as more studies are released. In this video, Dr. Seheult of discusses a recent vitamin D review article published in the peer-reviewed journal Nutrients which has compelling implications for COVID-19 and overall vascular and endothelial health. (This video was recorded July 16, 2020).
THE MEDCRAM WEBSITE:
Visit us for videos on over 60 medical topics and CME / CEs for medical professionals:
SUBSCRIBE TO THE MEDCRAM YOUTUBE CHANNEL:
Get notified of new videos by hitting the bell icon:
LINKS / REFERENCES:
JCEM Journal |
Nutrients Review of Vitamin D |
Johns Hopkins Tracker |
Simple Vitamin D Pathway |
PREVIOUS COVID-19 UPDATES:
Please visit MedCram.com for the full series:
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 96: RNA Vaccine; Ivermectin; von Willebrand Factor and COVID-19
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 95: Widespread Clotting on Autopsy; New COVID-19 Prognostic Data
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 94: Inhaled Steroids COVID-19 Treatment; New Pneumonia in Kazakhstan?
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 93: Antibodies, Immunity, & Prevalence of COVID-19 – New Data from Spain
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 92: Blood Clots & COVID-19 – New Research & Potential Role of NAC
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 91: Remdesivir Pricing & Disparities in Drug Availability
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 90: Assess The Quality of COVID-19 Info With A Validated Research Tool
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 89: COVID 19 Infections Rising in Many States; Dexamethasone Cautions
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 88: Dexamethasone History & Mortality Benefit Data Released From UK
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 87: More on Dexamethasone; Do COVID-19 antibodies last?
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 86: COVID-19 Testing & Cases Increasing but Daily Deaths Decreasing
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 85: Dexamethasone and Key Questions to Ask if in The Hospital (Part 2)
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 84: Key Questions to Ask if in the Hospital for COVID-19 (Part 1 of 2)
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 83: High Fructose, Vitamin D, & Oxidative Stress in COVID-19
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 82: Racial Disparities with COVID-19 & Vitamin D
– Coronavirus Pandemic Update 81: New Data on Hydroxychloroquine Side Effects & Prevention of COVID-19
All coronavirus updates are at MedCram.com (including the diagnosis, prevention, treatment, vaccine developments, dexamethasone, inhaled steroids, vitamin D and the endothelium, SARS-CoV-2 antibody tests, coronavirus misinformation, infodemic, peer-reviewed research, and more).
We offer many other medical topics (ECG Interpretation, thrombosis, pulmonary embolism, myocardial infarction, hypertension, anticoagulation, DKA, acute kidney injury, influenza, measles, mechanical ventilation, etc.) at our website.
MEDCRAM WORKS WITH MEDICAL PROGRAMS AND HOSPITALS:
MedCram offers group discounts for students and a variety of medical programs, hospitals, and other institutions. Contact us at email@example.com if you are interested.
Roger Seheult, MD
Board Certified in Internal Medicine, Pulmonary Disease, Critical Care, and Sleep Medicine.
Associate Professor at the University of California, Riverside School of Medicine
Media Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Media contact info:
Video Produced by Kyle Allred
FOLLOW US ON SOCIAL MEDIA:
MedCram medical videos are for medical education and exam preparation, and NOT intended to replace recommendations from your doctor.
#COVID19 #SARSCoV2 #FOAMed